Lois Kwasman Program for Community Impact
The Lois Kwasman Program for Community Impact was established in 2004 in memory of EWPBF Board Member Lois Cohn Kwasman. Lois touched the lives of all those who knew her with her quiet manner, steely determination, and infectious sense of humor. She showed us how to succeed in the competitive field of media and communications, and how to turn our compassion for those less fortunate into action.
This program provides EWPBF with an avenue for making an impact in our community through grants designed to support efforts that are intended to provide for the under-served, needy, or less fortunate persons in our society and efforts designed to make a community impact.
EWPBF’s Lois Kwasman Program for Community Impact grant enables us to fulfill our purpose of giving back to the community where we live and work. Through Lois’ inspirational example, we strive to turn compassion into action by assisting the under-served and less fortunate in our society.
Our generous sponsors and donors enable us to make two grants annually to non-profit organizations whose missions are aligned with ours — to assist girls and young women ages 8 to 24 in Palm Beach County who lack hope or need help in developing life skills. These programs focus on helping participants gain self confidence and become resourceful and self-sufficient, thus positioning themselves for a successful life.
The grant is for $20,000 payable over 2 years. At our annual Foundation luncheon, held in the Fall.
Our 2017-2018 Lois Kwasman Community Impact Grant
was awarded to
The Delray Beach Library Code 4 Life Program
- 2017-2018 Delray Beach Library Code 4 Life Program
- 2015-2016 Best Foot Forward Grounded for Life program & Girls on the Run Palm Beach, Inc.
- 2014-2015 The Center for Family Services Safe Kids Program & Aspira of Palm Beach County Girls Speak Out
- 2013-2014 Pace Center for Girls
- 2012-2013 Vita Nova, Inc. & Fostering College Achievement
- 2011-2012 Families First of Palm Beach County & Targeted Outreach for Pregnant Women Act (TOPWA)
- 2010-2012 Boys & Girls Club of Palm Beach County & Keyboard for Kids Piano Program
- 2009-2011 The Nelle Smith Home for Girls
- 2008-2010 Boys & Girls Club of Palm Beach County & Healthy Girls for Life Program
- 2007-2009 Florida Resource Center for Women and Girls, Inc. & Female Enrichment Center
- 2006-2008 Children’s Home Society & Communication Learning Center