Membership is open to individuals of good moral character who live and /or work in Palm Beach County and who meet the following criteria:
- is currently a member in good standing of a recognized profession and has been a member of such profession for the two years immediately prior to application for membership; or
- currently, and for the two years immediately prior to application, has had a significant ownership position in a business; or
- currently, and for the two years immediately prior to application, holds an executive-level position with a high level of authority and responsibility in a private, volunteer or public sector organization; or
- currently holds an elected public office; and
- in addition to 1, 2, 3, or 4 above, has demonstrated commitment to community service through documented volunteer service in a community based public service organization or program, through an active role of leadership, collaborative effort, individual achievement and/or participation in special projects. If community service is work-related, it must be significantly above and beyond that which is required by their business or is solely advantageous to their business or career advancement.
A prospective member needs to be sponsored by a current Member who is familiar with applicant and her qualifications for membership.
Applicants for Membership must attend at least one meeting or function prior to making application.
A completed application includes:
1. Online or printed MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION to be completed by applicant
a. Optional RESUME, CURRICULUM VITAE or BIO if available
2. COVER LETTER – submitted by applicant detailing desire to join EWPB as well as anticipated contributions to EWPB
3. LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION AND COMMITMENT to be completed by sponsor which includes:
a. How long she has known the candidate and in what capacity
b. How EWPB can be of beneficial to the candidate
c. How EWPB will benefit from the candidate’s membership
d. Any other pertinent information that the sponsor would like to include.
e. Commitment as a sponsor
4. SUMMARY CHECKLIST to be completed by sponsor
Upon receipt of a completed application by the EWPB office, it will be reviewed by the Membership Committee. In the case of an application that does not meet the criteria, the Chair of the Membership Committee will contact both sponsor and applicant. Qualified applicants are recommended to the Board of Directors. An affirmative vote of acceptance by the majority of the Board of Directors is necessary to complete the process.
ADJUNCT MEMBERSHIP: An applicant who does not fully qualify for Executive Membership may be accepted as an Adjunct Member for a maximum of two years to allow her to either/both increase her community service and/or increase her tenure in her current position.
Accepted applicants are contacted by the Chair of the Membership Committee and welcomed into the organization. A new member will be given a Membership Packet by the EWPB Association Manager who will guide her through the details of enrollment as a member.
Annual dues must then be paid within 30 days to activate membership.
New members and their sponsors are strongly encouraged to attend a New Member Orientation, which is held at least semi-annually.
All members of EWPB are encouraged to participate in sustaining and growing our organization as well as supporting the EWPB vision and mission. There are many opportunities for involvement including attending EWPB events, participating in a committee (Programs, Membership, WILA, Advocacy, Leadership Institute, Newsletter, etc.), sponsoring an event, and offering one’s particular expertise and talents where needed. Suggestions from members regarding best practices and innovative ideas are always welcome.
A member’s financial obligation includes, but is not limited to, payment of annual dues. In addition, every member is asked to contribute (in any amount) to the Every Member Campaign, which goes to support the activities of our Foundation. A contribution of $300 includes a Signature Sponsor Level Ticket to the annual Women In Leadership Awards (WILA) luncheon, held in May each year. Members are encouraged to attend at least two EWPB events annually as well as WILA and the Annual Meeting and please be aware that most of our events do involve a registration fee.
An Adjunct Membership is expected to, within two years, take the necessary steps to qualify for Executive Membership.